Monday, May 10, 2010

"Where do you get your clothes Pheenix?"

People always ask me where I get my clothes so I thought I would share with you some of the places I shop. You may be surprised to know that I like to shop at Target, Wal-Mart, Forever 21 and you may not be so surprised that there are great vintage finds at Junkee Clothing Exchange in Midtown Reno and Antiques & Treasures Downtown. In the pic above, the romper, clutch and cute pump are all from Target, the leopard print cardigan and wedges are from Forever 21. These are great examples of how you can buy one simple item and add the retro look to any outfit. And just a quick note, "vintage" is defined as an item that is 20 years or older and "retro" means a vintage inspired item. I have both vintage and retro items in my closet and mixing the two will always make a fabulous outfit. For instance, my Mom likes to collect vintage earrings and clutches, you'd be amazed how skinny jeans and a top are inspired vintage with just those two items. If you don't want to go all out vintage or retro, just an item or two will make you stand out and your outfit unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment